Re: YA proposal to bring /TR/ into the 21st century

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 16:21:14 +0100
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
CC: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>, "bbos@w3.org" <bbos@w3.org>, "clilley@w3.org" <clilley@w3.org>, "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>, ext Jérémie Astori <jeremie@w3.org>
Hello Ian,

>>> Retired means "The group told us they don't intend to pursue it but
>>> are not yet ready to publish an end Note."
>>
>> This may be off topic, but I’m not aware of this being the case for
>> css-cascade. The spec is in CR with no known open issue, and implementations
>> are being worked on.

> Thanks, Simon.

> I'm roping in Chris Lilley and Bert Bos to shed light on this, as well as the webmaster.

Simon is correct, this is a current specification which we only just
moved to CR, and it should not be marked as 'retired'.

> If the specification is incorrectly labeled, please send a webreq to correct it. thanks!

OK, but I'm also interested to find out how it got so labelled in the
first place.

Wait. It looks as if "retired" is just a heading for an empty section?
 (If so , I can see how that would be confusing. The section should
 say "none" or something, after the heading.

Looking at
http://www.w3.org/standards/techs/css#w3c_all
there are four specs listed as retired, and css-cascade-3 is not one
of them.

--
Best regards,