RE: YA proposal to bring /TR/ into the 21st century

On Monday, October 28, 2013 3:11 PM, Simon Sapin wrote:
> Example:
> >>
> >> That page shows "Retired" at the bottom. What does that mean? I
> >> can't imagine a spec that went to CR on 2013-10-03 to be retired
> >> already.
> > Retired means "The group told us they don't intend to pursue it but
> > are not yet ready to publish an end Note."
>
> This may be off topic, but I’m not aware of this being the case for
> css-cascade. The spec is in CR with no known open issue, and
> implementations are being worked on.

I think this is just a usability issue. "RETIRED" on that page is a header
for a list of retired specifications. On the page cited above, there are no
such specifications. Have a look at, e.g.,

  http://www.w3.org/standards/history/svgprint

to see how it is supposed to look like. The retired header should probably
be hidden if there are no retired documents.

You can get a list of all retired docs at

  http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-all#tr_Retired

Cheers,
Markus

--