Re: Text obscured by error messages

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 15:24:06 +0100
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org>, Berjon Robin <robin.berjon@gmail.com>, "spec-prod@w3.org" <spec-prod@w3.org>

On Friday, June 21, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Richard Ishida wrote:

> On 21/06/2013 15:07, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> > Wonder if we should redirect the old respec version?
>

> It would certainly save time looking things up. Btw, googling respec to
> find the latest version brought me to https://github.com/darobin/respec,
> which informed me, in the section What is this version of ReSpec?, that
> I was two versions out of date, but I couldn't find a simple link to
> replace the old one with. Presumably the link you sent me is the same
> one as ReSpec:Evolution that I'm reading about there? Might be worth
> adding a brief clarification.

Yeah, it's a struggle to keep the documentation up to date of this important resource :( A bunch of us are trying to get organized to do a document sprint to update the documentation but it's hard.
> Sorry, I'm not following the development of respec in any detail, just
> using it under pressure to create documents more quickly. In some ways
> my questions are probably tedious for you, but in others maybe it's
> useful, since I guess I'm raising issues that others like me may have.

Totally not tedious! It's exactly the kind of feedback we need - people yelling "fix it!" is a good thing.
> Btw, changing the link allowed me to dismiss the error msgs. (It did,
> however, break some other bits of my document.)

Ain't technology great? :)

--
Marcos Caceres