Re: Respec bugs

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 16:28:46 +0200
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
CC: spec-prod@w3.org
On 07/05/2013 16:22 , Richard Ishida wrote:
> Scratch [4]. Looks like you need to choose FPWD, rather than FPWD-NOTE,
> and set noRecTrack to true.
>
> I'd recommend changing FPWD-NOTE to FPNOTE to make things clearer, if
> that is really what is intended.

To be honest I have no clue whatsoever what FPWD-NOTE is supposed to do.
At some point there was a lot of confusion over the process to publish
Notes, and this confusion is supported in the code. I *think* that the
correct thing is to remove everything related to Notes that isn't final
since those are handled by the WD process.

I still think that the Note process makes no sense whatsoever, but
that's a battle I've given up on :)