Re: References Re: What are the requirements/problems? Re: Working on New Styles for W3C Specifications

On Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Bert Bos wrote:

> How about this:
>
> https://www.w3.org/Style/Group/css3-src/biblio.xml
Now we are cooking!

Only problem, for me, is that the references point to the dates version of specs. Preferably, they should point to the latest published version.

So, instead of:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-2dcontext-20110525/

What should be there is:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2dcontext/

The use case are:
  1. avoiding pointing to a stale version (and if your document goes stale, the references don't!).
  2. Matching on the short name as an id (in case I don't want to use your ID system, which is the <label> element).

Also, what would be great is to include the Editor's draft, if one is available.