Re: References Re: What are the requirements/problems? Re: Working on New Styles for W3C Specifications

Marcos

believe it or not, lots of people still print materials for reading offline. Or print to PDF for reading on an ipad etc.

A bibliography is useful because you can see what is referenced, in one place, all at once, offline and without any clicking ;)

Similar to the idea of a "snapshot" as opposed to "living document" -  static references offer clarity of intent (what was referenced when the document was created, avoiding various ambiguities due to subsequent changes in or loss of referenced material).

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia