Re: References Re: What are the requirements/problems? Re: Working on New Styles for W3C Specifications

On Tuesday, December 13, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:

> On 12/13/2011 10:30 AM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> > I acknowledge that use cases have been provided and I'm extremely
> > thankful for everyone who has contributed their time to this discussion.
> > It has been interesting and enlightening to here how others use the
> > bibliographies and the challenges with maintaining them.
>

> Thank you, I really appreciate that. I'm sorry if the tone of my last note
> was a but frustrated, but you seemed not to have noted that use cases had
> been offered. May have been my misunderstanding.

No, I was deliberately being pushy for the sake of generating discussion. But my intention is just to gather as much feedback as possible: we have an opportunity (first in years, in my experience) to really reflect on the specification template and how we do specs here at the W3C; so I'm trying to make sure we turn every stone over… sometimes even twice. The last time the W3C tried to change the spec template was when they did the last redesign of the W3C front page… that caused a pretty massive outcry and the spec template was promptly changed back to the old one. I think that occurred because the designers did not speak to enough of us here on the ground (and hence all that work went to waste, even if there were good ideas in there).

--
Marcos Caceres