Re: Working on a new version of the XML spec DTD

At 10:03 AM 5/15/98 -0400, Eve L. Maler wrote:
>Actually, I was thinking that I should just add a generic "constraint" (and
>"constraint note") and then you could use the role attribute to say the
>type.  I think I will add this; if you wish, you can then change your
>namespace constraint elements over to this.

Good idea.  And adds a bit of future-proofing.

>Now that the DTD is parameterized, it is relatively reasonable to have
>"different" DTDs for different specs -- each can have a small customization
>layer that meets its needs.

Well, for the record, this is a relatively small family of docs, and I
think it'd be worth the effort to stay with a single DTD until there's
a really good reason to split.  But you're the expert in this area. -Tim