Re: Working on a new version of the XML spec DTD

> From:          Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>

> At 10:03 AM 5/15/98 -0400, Eve L. Maler wrote:
> >Now that the DTD is parameterized, it is relatively reasonable to have
> >"different" DTDs for different specs -- each can have a small customization
> >layer that meets its needs.
>
> Well, for the record, this is a relatively small family of docs, and
> I think it'd be worth the effort to stay with a single DTD until
> there's a really good reason to split.  But you're the expert in
> this area. -Tim

The DOM specs don't need WFC or VC, and the XML specs certainly don't
need all the IDL markup that we use to generate the Java and ECMA
Script bindings. Not to mention all the small differences like
whether email addresses of editors are required or optional...

Lauren