Re: EasierRDF

Hi Hugh, Melvin,

Which (I say) is nowhere near as successful as the SW was intended or hoped to be.
What can you offer the WebDevs, rather than you? (It is the Semantic *Web*, after all).
In fact, what can you offer Frederick?
[..] He is trying to do something hard, and so it is hard.
Is that right?
Because he seems to be saying it is easier in other technologies.
(Putting this as a top-level comment because I hid it in a prior answer) In light of Melvin’s comments: with regards to WebDev, there have been very recent efforts to make RDF more usable in JS (aptly called RDF-JS<https://rdf.js.org/data-model-spec/>) – checkout the N3.js<https://github.com/rdfjs/N3.js/> and graphy.js<https://github.com/blake-regalia/graphy.js> libraries. Not saying it’s as easy to use JSON in JS (JavaScript Object Notation may have a bit of an unfair advantage in, well, JavaScript).
One can rather easily construct JS objects that encode a simple RDF graph (.. discounting cycles and such), as illustrated in the graphy.js docs<https://graphy.link/concise#hash_c3>.
This could go some way in meeting Melvin’s suggestion of using plain old JSON as a basis, moving to vocabulary terms as object keys (and values, where needed), and to (other parts of) JSON-LD (not *such* a big leap actually) if folks are interested. I’m still unsure about the “first” step in this sequence, however, since I don’t know where the terms “name”, “born”, etc. are coming from; it’d become quite a mess if everyone is just using their own custom terminology.

William