Re: Chartering work has started for a Linked Data Signature Working Group @W3C

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 10:53:11AM -0400, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> I'm also confused as to why the difference between what this demo does and
> the algorithms in https://w3c-ccg.github.io/ld-proofs/#algorithms.  There a
> single node is added to the graph but you add two nodes.  (Well, not really,
> the algorithm adds triples that all come off a new node but your code adds
> triples that come off two nodes, one an IRI and the other blank.)  How is
> this difference reconciled?

Because this is a VC, it's doing more than step 3 requires. Specifically, it's
hashing the two together. It would make sense to extend this text to identify
circumstances when you'd want to hash the proof (i.e. when it includes data
that can be mischievously altered without breaking the hash).

I don't know who, if anyone, has the writing stick, but this is honestly the
sort of wordsmithing that goes well in WGs, if we ever get there.