Re: Chartering work has started for a Linked Data Signature Working Group @W3C

On 06/05/2021 04:43, Manu Sporny wrote:
> One of the elephants in the room is that the definition of "Linked Data"
> has changed over the years, and people keep pointing back to the old
> stuff... while companies are selling the new stuff. It might help to
> just define what Linked Data is in the explainer document so we're all
> working from the same definition and not some old link on the Web.

Yes that would be useful.

There are communities where "linked data" is not in their conversations
in a positive way but RDF is. Knowledge Graph Conference - very little
mention of "linked data", and when it was, not always positive.

The recent change to rename as "RDF Dataset Hash" is a help to
distinguish that this W3C output has use in the "RDF" world.

     Andy