Re: Lists of tagged strings in RDF

MADS (https://www.loc.gov/standards/mads/rdf/) provides you a way to
represent parts of a name using a collection. A madsrdf:PersonalName has a
madsrdf:elementList that refers to a list (thus keeping order). In that
list, you can have various typed resources with a madsrdf:elementValue
containing the literals.
The nodes do not necessarily have to be blank. So this looks like your
second approach but using a vocabulary published by the Library of Congres.
With my best regards,
Christophe