RE: Entailment checking with pizza ontology

Hi Mikael,

You are right, your prior version results in a syntax error when I try opening it in Protégé. At least to me, this seems to be in contradiction with the Open World Assumption, and its resulting lack of negation as failure – i.e., just because a resource does not have an object property type does not mean that it is not in fact an object property.

It is also strange that a syntax exception is thrown since your ontology does seem to be in line with the Manchester syntax document, which stipulates that an objectPropertyIRI is simply an IRI<https://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-manchester-syntax/#IRIs.2C_Integers.2C_Literals.2C_and_Entities>, but I could be wrong. At the same time, the exact same ontology in Turtle does not raise an exception:

@prefix : <http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/pizza/pizza.owl#> .

@prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#> .

@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .

:Margherita rdf:type owl:Class ;

                rdfs:subClassOf [ rdf:type owl:Restriction ;

                                  owl:onProperty :hasTopping ;

                                  owl:someValuesFrom :MozzarellaTopping

                ] .

William