Re: Complex ontological alignment

You can write the alignment rules in RIF, then translate them to SPARQL
and use as needed, either as part of a runtime query, or to materialize
your own "equivalence" triples (using SPARQL INSERT or CONSTRUCT).

Rules written in RIF are easier to analyze and document, for example by
expressing them in the RIF XML notation and using XSLT.

I used this approach to align and validate part master and product
structure information in a large dataset derived from different PLM
systems.

Regards,
--Paul