Re: Connectionists vs Reductionists, Hard vs. Soft or Hard + Soft KR, Re: neural networks being purported as KR?

Following up on earlier exchanges,  for completeness, I am sharing a
definition for negative knowledge (from cognitive science but it applies
also to machine learning)
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12186-008-9006-1
Negative knowledge is experientially acquired knowledge about what is wrong
and what is to be avoided during performance in a given work situation. In
terms of its theoretical foundation, the concept relates to constructivist
theorization and metacognition. Building on existing conceptions of
negative knowledge, we systematically relate the concept to research on
expertise and learning from errors.

Reltad to Minsky's *Negative Expertise*
https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1997-05117-022