Re: What is a Knowledge Graph? CORRECTION

Le ven. 21 juin 2019 à 16:27, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> a écrit :

> Researchers in Cognitive Science have used graphs of chunks to represent
> declarative knowledge for decades, and chunk is their name for an n-tuple.

I tried to lookup "graph of chunks" related to cognitive science. I could
not find anything
interesting outside this white paper about "accelerating science" [0] that
intersect with my goals.

[0]
https://cra.org/ccc/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/02/Accelerating-Science-Whitepaper-CCC-Final2.pdf

> What’s more interesting is that to model the characteristics of human
> memory, chunks can be associated with a couple of properties: strength and
> activation. Recall is stochastic. The more useful a memory the more likely
> you will be able to recall it when needed. This is essential when dealing
> with very large collections of memories (chunks) in order for reasoning to
> avoid drowning in a tidal wave of recollections.

That is similar to what opencog project use.

> Computer Science has a lot to learn from Cognitive Science.

Yes sure. That was my first choice 10 years ago, but I settled on computer
science school,
because I feared that I would not find a job in Cognitive Science. The end
results is that I
have the skills to build most of the things I can dream of, but I can dream
of nothing that is
particularly useful.

I mean Cognitive Science are like the tinkerers side whereas computer
science is the do side.
Otherwise said, I think that good new ideas can come up from cognitive
science.