Re: What is a Knowledge Graph? CORRECTION

> On 22 Jun 2019, at 14:54, Amirouche Boubekki <amirouche.boubekki@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Le ven. 21 juin 2019 à 16:27, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>> a écrit :
> Researchers in Cognitive Science have used graphs of chunks to represent declarative knowledge for decades, and chunk is their name for an n-tuple.
>
> I tried to lookup "graph of chunks" related to cognitive science. I could not find anything interesting outside this white paper about "accelerating science" [0] that intersect with my goals.
>
> [0] https://cra.org/ccc/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/02/Accelerating-Science-Whitepaper-CCC-Final2.pdf <https://cra.org/ccc/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/02/Accelerating-Science-Whitepaper-CCC-Final2.pdf>
Chunks are used on cognitive architectures, such as ACT-R, SOAR and CHREST, and is inspired by studies of human memory recall, starting with George Miller in 1956, and taken further by a succession of researchers. Gobet et al. define a chunk as “a collection of elements having strong associations with one another, but weak associations with elements within other chunks.” Cognitive Science uses computational models as the basis for making quantitive descriptions of different aspects of cognition including memory and reasoning. There are similarities to Frames and Property Graphs.

W3C Data Activity Lead & W3C champion for the Web of things