Re: Standardizing N3/Rules, was Re: ✅ Literals as subjects Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

> On 27 Nov 2018, at 15:15, Nathan Rixham <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
>
> Merging two threads together
>
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 9:30 AM Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org <mailto:timbl@w3.org>> wrote:
>> On 2018-11 -25, at 02:41, Nathan Rixham <nathan@webr3.org <mailto:nathan@webr3.org>> wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Nov 2018, 02:28 Austin Wright <aaa@bzfx.net <mailto:aaa@bzfx.net> wrote:
>> However, if I should be able to make statements like this about strings, why not any data type? Why not an entire RDF graph, like { { <foo> a <bar> . } published “2014-02-28T00:00:00Z”^^xsd:dateTIme .  } ?
>>
>> Very useful, +1
>
> Well that is N3.
>
> Standardizing N3 is I think beyond the scope of David’s plea o make rdf more approachable. But is a good idea also.
>
> and
>
>  On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 2:40 PM Doerthe Arndt <doerthe.arndt@ugent.be <mailto:doerthe.arndt@ugent.be>> wrote:
> Logic. We have worked with N3 for years now and there are several reasons why I believe that it should be standardized ...
>
> Call to action: who would support and/or join a W3C community group around an N3 rule language?
>

> So far,
> - Doerthe Arndt
> - Jos De Roo
> - Ruben Verborgh
> - Nathan Rixham
>
> Anybody else?

I have found N3 to be particularly helpful because it brings so many
key pieces together: simple notation, contexts, reasoning and rules. Having it
standardized would make a lot more tools for it available. Actually  I guess that the
past 18 years of standardization have just been preliminaries to make it possible
to standardise :-)

I found it very useful for thinking about security - and there are a lot of really
good ideas lying in the cwm cvs repository.

Story, Henry, et al. "Foaf+ ssl: Restful authentication for the social web." Proceedings of the First Workshop on Trust and Privacy on the Social and Semantic Web (SPOT2009). 2009.
http://groups.csail.mit.edu/dig/2009/Papers/SPOT/foaf-ssl-spot2009.pdf