From: Nathan Rixham <nathan@webr3.org>
Sent: November-27-18 10:16 AM
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>; Doerthe Arndt <doerthe.arndt@ugent.be>
Cc: Austin Wright <aaa@bzfx.net>; phayes@ihmc.us; David Booth <david@dbooth.org>; W3C Semantic Web IG <semantic-web@w3.org>; Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>; Sean B. Palmer <sean@miscoranda.com>; Olaf Hartig <olaf.hartig@liu.se>; Axel Polleres <axel@polleres.net>; Ruben.Verborgh@ugent.be
Subject: Standardizing N3/Rules, was Re: ✅ Literals as subjects Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

Merging two threads together

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 9:30 AM Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org<mailto:timbl@w3.org>> wrote:
On 2018-11 -25, at 02:41, Nathan Rixham <nathan@webr3.org<mailto:nathan@webr3.org>> wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018, 02:28 Austin Wright <aaa@bzfx.net<mailto:aaa@bzfx.net> wrote:
However, if I should be able to make statements like this about strings, why not any data type? Why not an entire RDF graph, like { { <foo> a <bar> . } published “2014-02-28T00:00:00Z”^^xsd:dateTIme .  } ?

Very useful, +1
Well that is N3.

Standardizing N3 is I think beyond the scope of David’s plea o make rdf more approachable. But is a good idea also.

and