From: Chris Leighton [mailto:chris.leighton@uwa.edu.au]
Sent: Friday, 3 February, 2017 12:48
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Subject: w3c and ISO standards - why did I pay for the standard?

Dear all,

After searching a number of w3c email archives and elsewhere I organised to pay an ISO standards reseller for a licence to:

ISO/IEC 40260:2011 - Information technology -- W3C Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata

which resulted in a strange path to the public web page:
https://www.w3.org/TR/ws-addr-metadata/
So, although many of you may have known of this, for the others, don't bother paying. Lesson learned.
It is interesting to note that there was no mention of ISO via 'w3c search' or mention of ISO in the w3c page.
Is anyone aware of anything published where other w3c standards have been 'secretly' co-opted into ISO standards, it may save us some cash-ola.
Regards,

Chris<http://www.uwa.edu.au/people/chris.leighton>.