From: Chris Leighton
Sent: Thursday, 19 January 2017 1:41 PM
To: 'semantic-web@w3.org'
Subject: Why semantic markup on public web pages in 2017

Dear professional colleagues,

the reason for Dublin Core mark-up being added to very public and trafficked pages is being called into question where I work. I am writing to ask for your thoughts and any references as to why it should be included, assuming data will be of a high standard, or why it isn't needed.

Please feel free to write to me here, or if perhaps too basic for all, off-thread. With yours and reading of WCAG 2 (AA), ISOs and assumptions on search engine algorithms I'll write a paper for discussion at my end. We call it metadata here.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris<uwa.edu.au/people/chris.leighton>