Re: What Happened to the Semantic Web?

> On 11 Nov 2015, at 14:55, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 11 November 2015 at 15:17, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
> All,
>
> I think I inadvertently forgot to share this blog post [1] with this
> community.
>
> Really enjoyed.
>
> I think sem web has evolved on a number vectors

A huge potential area for exploitation is the Web of Things where a general framework for data and meta is going to be critical for realising the potential for open markets of services across many application domains. We’ve launched a W3C Interest Group earlier this year and hope to launch a Working Group next year. Further background is available in the following presentation.

      http://www.w3.org/2015/11/05-wot-dsr.pdf

We’re evolving the Web from a Web of pages to a much bigger Web of things.

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>