Re: What are the repetitive bits you do?

From: cdr <_@whats-your.name>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 23:00:12 +0000
To: semantic-web@w3.org
an extra step (and cognitive load):

>rdf.sh addAttribute m:me foaf:name "Melvin"
>rdf.sh addRelation m:me foaf:knows http://sebastian.tramp.name

>To distinguish between datatype and object relations simplifies thecommand line a little bit. ...

  def path?
    (match /^(\.|\/|http:\/)/) && true || false
  end

run on arguments, and /mystuff.ttl or http://somesite.org will be treated as URIs, and everything else literals

 http://gitorious.org/element/element/blobs/master/sh/e

not sure if you prefer this sort of autocasting, ive been using it for 5 years or so, without too many issues , in cron scripts like

/usr/bin/e http://drudgereport.com/ archive
/usr/bin/e http://reddit.com/ archive

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-ruby/2011Mar/0013.html contains more examples pertaining to an email client

i abstract out my repetitive bits by writing a function and giving it a name.. crazy?