Re: What are the repetitive bits you do?

From: Sebastian Tramp <tramp@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 12:37:55 +0200
To: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Cc: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:13:05PM +0200, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> > 1. https://github.com/seebi/rdf.sh
>
> Thanks! I'm using this quite a lot now.
>
> Here's one I like:
>
> curl -X PATCH -H 'Content-Type: application/json'
> -d '{ "http://melv.data.fm/test.ttl#me": {
> "http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/givenname" : [ { "value" : "Melvin", "type"
> : "literal" } ] } } ' melv.data.fm/test.ttl
>
> This will send an HTTP PATCH update to change one triple in a file
> in my data space. It's useful when you want to use The Web as a
> persistent store.

Which backend do you use for this?

A command "rdf patch melv.data.fm/test.ttl <new.json" is easily written
but I think this is not really useable since writing json by hand is not
that delight ;-)

better would be:

rdf.sh addAttribute m:me foaf:name "Melvin"
or
rdf.sh addRelation m:me foaf:knows http://sebastian.tramp.name

To distinguish between datatype and object relations simplifies the
command line a little bit. ...

I wanted to add locally defined prefix definitions anyway - at the
moment all prefixes are fetched from prefix.cc (again and again, so a
cache is also needed)

Best regards

Sebastian Tramp

--