Vocab Design (was GoodRelations Light)

On 3 May 2011, at 20:48, Martin Hepp wrote:

> Conceptually, multiple namespaces are good.
> For a markup-centric ecosystem, multiple namespaces are burdensome.
> The same applies to URIs for codes vs. authoritative literals.

There has to the right balance between pragmatics and design.
Too much pragmatics and you loose all the benefits of the SW.
Too much design and you loose deployment opportunities.

What concerns me the most is the use of single namespaces in new vocabularies - when there is clear and obvious overlaps with semantics with common vocabs like Dublin Core and vCard.

It would be good if we (the SW Community thru W3C) started to reward good design and promote reuse of vocabularies.

Cheers...

Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com