Re: Enterprise semantics

Read this paper:
http://4store.org/publications/garlik-linked-enterprise-data-2010.pdf

Enterprise Linked Data as Core Business Infrastructure
Steve Harris and Tom Ilube and Mischa Tuffield

*Abstract *This chapter describes Garlik’s motivation, interest, and
experiences of
using Linked Data technologies in its online services. It describes the
methodologies and approaches that were taken in order to deploy online
services to hundreds
of thousands of users, and describes the trade-offs inherent in our choice
of these
technologies for our production systems. In order to help illustrate and aid
the arguments for the adoption of Semantic Web technologies this chapter
will focus on two
of our customer facing products, DataPatrol, a consumer-centric personal
information protection product, and QDOS a Linked Data service that is used
to measure
peoples’ online activity.

--
Michael Uschold, PhD
   Senior Ontology Consultant, Semantic Arts