Re: New Problem in Semantic Web

On 25 January 2011 21:16, Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi> wrote:
> On 2011-01-22, Faisal Sharif wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> hope you are fine well today
>>
>> Sir My name is Faisal and i m doing MS in software Engineering and i have
>> to submit Final Thesis, so My Interest Area for thesis submission is
>> "Semantic Web" so can you people guide me regarding current problem and
>> issues in Semantic Web , because i have to submit a new Problem Statement in
>> regarding field, so please help me as soon as possible, i shall be very
>> thank full to you.

I always like to take a look at design issues for a high level
perspective.  You'll find many unsolved problems in there.

http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/

Good problems imho : how can we enable a read write web, how can we
make the web social, how can we add ecommerce to the semantic web, how
can we enable trust at web scale, how can the semantic web be used to
engage and entertain?

>> Regards
>> Faisal Sharif
>
> Am I just overly sensitive, or is this scientifically/technically oriented
> spam/phishing-for-email-address? I mean, if I wanted to target the list,
> this is what I would do. Only with better redaction.

Harsh! :-)

> If real, Faisal, do choose your own thesis topic. The choice itself is a
> measure of your proficiency.

Agreed, but feedback from the community seems a valid approach?
Perhaps it's something there could be more of.  On a scale of 1-10 how
useful is the average PhD to the community or as a "contribution to
knowledge"?