Re: fact checking for semantic reasoners

From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:43:18 +0100
To: Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it>
Cc: semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>
Its been a while since I studied artificial intelligence, but
I remember writing fact checking routines implemented with rules at the time
were pretty basic stuff

The way I did it at the time was to model the fact checking routines
that humans carry out (some professions have specific rules/protocols for
fact checking, such as the legal or the forensics professions, other just
follow their common sense)
and all have their limitations, of course

I am sure the concept can be refined ad libitum

will send you a link to the paper, and would welcome input/feedback