Re: The Semantic Web could help the Internet become sentient

From: adasal <adam.saltiel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 16:16:34 +0100
To: jeff putnam <jayfoo@gmail.com>
Cc: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Jeff,
Don't be silly.
We are sentient.
In terms of the internet we are the sentient end points.
As sentient beings we are capable of being dehumanised, deprived of or made
to relinquish our feelings, the sine qua non of sentience.

Of course, I suspect that talk of a sentient internet, an internet that you
might imagine is sentient by projecting what ever that might mean to you
onto it, leads in the direction of relinquishing feelings that are our own.

Adam