Re: ANN: Visual Data Web + SemLens

On 07.04.2011 16:17, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> Very nice!

Thanks, Kingsley.

>> Quick question re. SemLens, do you not have a permalink feature?
>> Remember, you added this to RelFinder, its also very important here,
>> in short its always important.

Yes, such a feature would indeed be useful (and is planned for some
future release of SemLens).

>> Have you considered a Map control? For instance, I did the following
>> with your default demo settings:
>>
>> 1. Picked 'Liberal Democrats'
>

> Should have said: 'Liberal Democracies'  :-)
>
>> 2. Selected the default class
>> 3. Selected Longitude and Latitude as properties of interest
>> 4. Got the Graph and Table views re. your analytics.
>>
>> The Map control is a logical addition re. the workflow above :-)

I agree this would be nice - especially for the described case. We also
thought about this but first realized the most generic views on the
data. Scatter plots are nice because they work for all kinds of data
(note how the dimensions adapt dynamically for different data types and
ranges). But some map view might be more appropriate for geodata, that's
right.

Cheers,
Steffen

--
Steffen Lohmann - DEI Lab
Computer Science Department, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid