Re: ANN: Visual Data Web + SemLens

On 4/7/11 12:53 PM, Steffen Lohmann wrote:
> On 07.04.2011 16:17, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>> Very nice!
>
> Thanks, Kingsley.
>

>>> Quick question re. SemLens, do you not have a permalink feature?
>>> Remember, you added this to RelFinder, its also very important here,
>>> in short its always important.
>
> Yes, such a feature would indeed be useful (and is planned for some
> future release of SemLens).
>

>>> Have you considered a Map control? For instance, I did the following
>>> with your default demo settings:
>>>
>>> 1. Picked 'Liberal Democrats'
>>

>> Should have said: 'Liberal Democracies'  :-)
>>
>>> 2. Selected the default class
>>> 3. Selected Longitude and Latitude as properties of interest
>>> 4. Got the Graph and Table views re. your analytics.
>>>
>>> The Map control is a logical addition re. the workflow above :-)
>
> I agree this would be nice - especially for the described case. We
> also thought about this but first realized the most generic views on
> the data. Scatter plots are nice because they work for all kinds of
> data (note how the dimensions adapt dynamically for different data
> types and ranges). But some map view might be more appropriate for
> geodata, that's right.
>
> Cheers,
> Steffen

Steffen,

Also, can I nudge you into using <link/> to expose links to the data
sources behind the visualizations? A SPARQL Construct or Describe URLs
will do. You can see examples of what I mean via URI Debugger output below:

1.
http://linkeddata.informatik.hu-berlin.de/uridbg/index.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fpage%2FLinked_Data&useragentheader=&acceptheader=
- Linked Data Description (Green Page)

2.
http://linkeddata.informatik.hu-berlin.de/uridbg/index.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fdescribe%2F%3Furl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FLinked_Data&useragentheader=&acceptheader=
- Linked Data Description (Blue Page -- which leverages
.well-known/host-meta for discoverable URL templates etc..) .

Goal is to loosen the coupling between the visualization and its data
sources in a Web user agent friendly way.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO