Re: RDF data handover and dereferenceable URIs

On 10-09-23 13:10, David Booth wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 15:38 +0530, Rahul Patil wrote:
>> The thing with PURL is that
>> We are not sure if it will scale to millions of triples industry will
>> be churning out.
>
> Sure, you can run your own PURL server at the final endpoint:
> http://www.purlz.org/

Slightly more brittle (but only slightly and with fewer
moving parts) the company could just delegate a subdomain
to the contractor while the widget is being built. The
contracter then generates whichever URIs they need there.
When they hand over the finished widget, all that's needed
to hand over the data is a DNS change and the moral
equivalent of rsync.

Cheers,
-w
--