Re: How to find a proper ontology for my classes and properties?

On 11/02/2010 02:35 PM, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
> Juriy, all,
>

> Le 30/10/2010 16:40, Juriy Katkov a écrit :
>> Hello everyone!
>> I have 2 questions about rdf data.
>>
>> 1. Suppose I started describing something in triples and I want to use a
>> property 'hasOwner'. I understand that it's much better to use this
>> property
>> from one of the existing ontologies rather than use property from my own
>> namespace.
>> The question is: what is the easyest and the most right way to search for
>> this property? I know, there is Swoogle and sometimes it helps me with
>> that.
>> I wonder if there is something better that fulltext search.
>
> Considering that there are several ways to do that, I'm trying to gather
> links to existing tools, search engines, repositories, forums, mailing
> lists and editors, etc. on one web page [1] to avoid repetition of
> multiple emails, each containing one link to an individual service.
> It's a public wiki page, so if someone feels like updating it, he or
> she's welcome.
> The idea is to offer pathes for the data publishers towards the terms
> they need, be they reused terms from existing ontologies or terms minted
> by the publishers themselves.
>
> [1] http://esw.w3.org/Ontology_Dowsing

Funny that on the same wiki there is a page with practically same goal:
http://esw.w3.org/VocabularyMarket
Though yours one looks nicer :) I see you link to it as a list of
ontologies, but IMHO their domains are much more overlapping.
Maybe merge them?

Best,
Jiri