Re: AW: AW: Visual exploration of linked data with the Information Workbench and Microsoft Pivot

Peter Haase wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>> Are you able to implement a pattern similar to RelFinder where the
>> SPARQL endpoints are configurable? We also do something similar re. our
>> iSPARQL tool (i.e., have a list of known endpoints but leave the user
>> with option to add others).
>>
>> I've played around extensively with Pivot (your stuff and ours), so I
>> am
>> very interested in a loosely coupled solution.
>>

> Yes, in our system one can define ad hoc federations across multiple SPARQL
> endpoints.
> However, the performance in such a loosely coupled scenario is - not
> surprisingly - orders of magnitude worse than in a centralized scenario,
> especially when the queries involve joins across multiple SPARQL endpoints.
> We are working on improving this situations as well ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Peter,

As you know, we are working of SPARQL-FED also, and this rat is going to
be skinned in a variety of ways courtesy of HTTP and inner DBMS engine
workings.

For now, is it possible to enable users point to SPARQL endpoints of
their choice? Of course, you keep the one that works best for your demo
as the default etc..

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen