Re: list policy re patent discussion

On 18 Jul 2010, at 22:25, Damian Steer wrote:

> "While I understand the interest, with a SWIG chairing hat on, I
> recommend that participants here do not dissect patents and patent
> applications on this list." [1]

With all due respect to the SWIG Chair, he does not have the "power" of stopping discussions on this IG as long as they meet the requirements of the SWIG Charter.

If there are relevant patents related to SW technologies, I for one, would be "interested" in knowing about it at least. We all know that such postings/discussions *does not* constitute any legal advice.

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com