Re: RDF *already* supports literal subjects - a thought experiment

Am 09.07.2010 20:02, schrieb Denny Vrandecic:

> On Jul 9, 2010, at 10:54, Graham Klyne wrote:
>
>> It has already been suggested that data: URIs provide a way to implement
>> subjects-as-literals in RDF.  I thought it might be worth fleshing this out a
>> little to see where it leads...
>>

> to linked open numbers?
>
> <http://km.aifb.kit.edu/projects/numbers/>
>
> j/k denny

+1

Graham's proposal sounds quite similar to my proposed idea (taken from [1]):

<quote>
3. I really don't understand the decision between datatypes and
individuals (and their disjointness as Michael Schneider point it out;
maybe it's a bit naive point of view, or that I haven't such deep
knowledge about really understanding DL).
What about handling (datatyped) literals as in-built individuals, e.g. a
string typed literal would be then internally resolved to an ex:String
individual. We could reuse the well-defined xsd datatypes etc.
</quote>

I know there is the concept of rdfs:Datatype, which causes maybe the
trouble later in OWL (owl:ObjectProperty owl:disjointWith
owl:DatatypeProperty). However, I think the OWL guys could fix that issue ;)

Cheers,

Bob

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2010Jul/0019.html