Re: RDF *already* supports literal subjects - a thought experiment

....Madness awaits thee at the end of this road!
and ... nobody got Danny's joke? omg...

hey, I had the solution for annotating literals in front of my eyes
since 1999:
     rdf:value
</humor>

<serious>
I see no reason for literals as subjects, as they will remove some
little optimizations that RDF store implementors were able to do for
query optimization.
also, given rdf:value and reification, there really IS no reason for
literals as subject - all you want to say can be said already.
I hope that this is rejected by the wg, it is not needed in the real
world apps I know of....
</serious>

leobard

It was Denny Vrandecic who said at the right time 09.07.2010 20:02 the
following words:
> On Jul 9, 2010, at 10:54, Graham Klyne wrote:
>

>> It has already been suggested that data: URIs provide a way to implement
>> subjects-as-literals in RDF.  I thought it might be worth fleshing this out a
>> little to see where it leads...
>>

> to linked open numbers?
>
> <http://km.aifb.kit.edu/projects/numbers/>
>
> j/k denny

Dr. Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +43 6991 gnowsis
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann@dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313