foaf:openid and validity

From: Matthias Quasthoff <matthias--web@quasthoffs.de>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 19:52:02 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Hi all,

just a short question on foaf:openid and validity: I used to have

> ex:me foaf:openid ex:me

in my FOAF profile, since this is the way I use my identity URI. Since
foaf:openid has range foaf:Document and foaf:Person is disjoint with
foaf:Document, my FOAF profile is unfortunately inconsistent. Is there
some special idea behind

> foaf:openid rdfs:range foaf:Document

- as far as I understood OpenID, it is only about proving URI
"ownership" and plays well with redirects etc. Hence, requiring
non-literal range should be sufficient. This would allow for more
flexible solutions than requiring an OpenID pointing to an information
resource about its owner.

A quick query using SQUIN showed that 71 out of some random 486 FOAF
profiles had foaf:openid triples, but none of these except mine had
subject=object.

Best,
Matthias