Re: Datatyping

From: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:41:11 -0800
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
CC: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>, Graham Klyne <GK-lists@ninebynine.org>, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, semantic-web@w3.org

Sandro:
"That suggests zero evolvability of RDF."

Hmmm.
If we reopen the datatyping can of worms the vote might split 70/30 the
other way this time; and ...
then next time round it might be 40/60 back again.

I'm trying to thing of an equivalent evolution ... there was XML DTD to
Schema ....

With RDF 1 as specified, it is possible to define your own semantic
extension which includes interpretation properties.
I guess I would like to see success with this before adding such
interpretation properties to the spec.
But I am not quite sure what I would mean by success.

Jeremy