Re: Datatyping (was: Requirements for a possible "RDF 2.0")

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:05:02 -0500
To: Graham Klyne <GK-lists@ninebynine.org>
Cc: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, semantic-web@w3.org
On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 10:14 +0000, Graham Klyne wrote:
> One of the things I failed to realize in time to
> put my weight behind it was that an approach to datatyping based on
> interpretation properties, which was proposed by Dan Connolly, could be as
> convenient to use, if not more so, than the current datatyping scheme, and would
> keep the core of RDF very much simpler.

I agree.  The interpretation properties[1] approach is very general,
clean and logical.  If it feels inconvenient, that seems to me like an
argument for syntactic sugar rather than a different approach.

1. http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/InterpretationProperties.html

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
Cleveland Clinic (contractor)