Re: Alternatives to containers/collections (was Re: Requirements for a possible "RDF 2.0")

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:35:26 +0100
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
2010/1/14 Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>:

> A lot, perhaps all, of this hair could be avoided if RDF allowed general
> tuples as well as triples. All that is needed is some way to put N things
> into a sequence: so, put N things into a sequence. The 'graph model' would
> be a hyperlink, drawn as a polygon (eg triangle for N=3) rather than a line.
> In triples-style syntax, it would just be moving a dot.

Don't think I fully understand what you have in mind, are you talking:

<s> <p> <x, y, z> (which is kinda supported already with turtle syntax)

or

<s> <p1,x> <p2,y> <p3,z> (which is also kinda supported already, albeit lengthy)

or something else?

n-tuples would certainly have the advantage of mapping more directly
to SQL-style data

Cheers,
Danny.