Re: Requirements for a possible "RDF 2.0"

Hi all

Agreed with many points said

- Don't fix what is not broken
- Get rid or let die obscure constructions such as bags and reification
- Simplify, simplify, simplify :)

But please don't kill blank nodes !

My use case (not academic, used on a daily basis) is translation from a
model to another using SPARQL CONSTRUCT. Such translations (but it is yet
another story to be discussed in another thread) are a very powerful way to
pass from a model to another, without mapping declarations or commitments
from either side.

Exemple

Graph 1 is a document data base using  foaf:Document class with Dublin Core
attributes such as dcterms:creator and dcterms:subject
Graph 2 is a data base of expertises using a ex:Expertise class with object
properties ex:expert, ex:topic and ex:supportDocument

I can construct instances of ex:Expertise in G2 out of instances of
foaf:Document in G1, but I have no URI in G1 for those. So I need bnodes in
my query, such as :

CONSTRUCT { _:x  a  ex:Expertise.
                      _:x   ex:expert  ?p.
                      _:x   ex:topic   ?t.
                      _:x   ex:supportDoc  ?d}

WHERE       {  ?d   a  foaf:Document.
                      ?d   dcterms:creator   ?p.
                      ?d   dcterms:subject   ?t }

Unless SPARQL provide ways to generate URIs on the fly for my ex:Expertise
instances. But I don't think it does.

Seems very specific, but think about it before killing bnodes. Or provide
something similar w/o them.

Bernard

--
Bernard Vatant