Re: Explicit RDF property for "literal has datatype D"?

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I just stumbled upon this:

"rdfs:Datatype is both an instance of and a subclass of rdfs:Class. Each
instance of rdfs:Datatype is a subclass of rdfs:Literal."

"A typed literal is an instance of a datatype class."

citing http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_datatype

So I think this is valid:

_:x rdf:type xsd:date .
_:x owl:sameAs "2008-01-01" .

Quite confusing, but might be useful for RDF systems which treat
literals as just one "type" (type from their point of view).

Shame there is no such thing for language tags, or is there?

Best,
Jiri Prochazka