Re: call to arms

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:32:03 +0200
To: Ian Davis <me@iandavis.com>
Cc: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
On 1 April 2010 03:25, Ian Davis <me@iandavis.com> wrote:

> We (Talis) are doing this with Nodalities magazine,

As far as I've seen, the best magazine (online & in print) available
on the topic:
http://www.talis.com/nodalities/

> Remember no-one on this mailing list is a target for evangelism: we're
> all convinced already!

Not necessarily true - people dip their toes in waters into which they
might not be jumping.
But also yeah, I agree, preaching to the converted is diminishing returns.

None of us are really target users for this
> stuff either because we're much more interested in the architecture
> and technology.

There I strongly disagree - I personally really, really want this tech
to improve my own life (like Wikipedia has achieved compared to going
to the library to check on a worrying medical fact :). Connolly's Bane
etc. Second comes the fascination.

We need to share stories and evangelise much wider to
> the people who decide what technologies their organisations should
> invest in.

There I agree 100%

Cheers,
Danny.