Re: RDF 2 Wishlist

From: carmen <_@whats-your.name>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 13:34:35 -0800
To: semantic-web@w3.org
> >inventing a system of referring to
> >huge sets of those in a URI. Not doable.

huge sets of triples like..named graphs? its already being done

> I don't see why naming triples is not doable

URIs for everything is a foundation i stick to. as well

im interested in your scheme, i just do <<Suri>,<Puri>,<Ouri>>

where O(bject)uri is either a data: URI or a file:// or http:// URL to a blob (or a (b)node with type/lang/encoding-tag fields around a blob)

the named-graph crowd seems to advocating creating a graph for each triple youd want to reify, i take it. then youd have ot think up a name for that graph, which hopefully doesnt clash with the name of a normal resource in the system, and somehow usefully describes the triple? id love to see the compoendium of examples that would convince me named graphs is the way to go , not that im likely to switch