Re: RDF 2 Wishlist

From: Marcus Cobden <lists@marcuscobden.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:02:38 +0000
To: Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi>
Cc: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, Damian Steer <pldms@mac.com>, semantic-web@w3.org
Sampo Syreeni wrote:
>> The key lack right now is any standard way to refer to a 'part' of an
>> RDF graph from the outside.
>
> That, too. That sort of stuff would mandate naming every triple/binary
> predicate, and inventing a system of referring to huge sets of those in
> a URI. Not doable.

I don't see why naming triples is not doable, nor why having huge
collections of triples isn't either, we already have native lists in RDF.

 From the perspective of a triplestore it ought to be optimisable (There
is no need for them to represent it as triples internally), and in
serializations sugared-syntax would be sufficient to make it usable.

My reply to the original post explains some of the reasons I think we
cannot do without meta-triples.