RE: firts and rdf:rest as functional property

Me neither.

[...]

>> (2) Lists should not be cyclic, though this is possible with RDF lists:
>>
>>       A -> B
>>       ^    |
>>       |    v
>>       D <- C

Try to express such a general cycle prohibition axiom! This would roughly
need to say something like:

  For any non-negative integer n:
    there must not be nodes x1,...,xn
    such that
       x1 rdf:rest x2
       x2 rdf:rest x3
       xn rdf:rest x1

If the cycle size would be restricted, one could express this by a finite
set of axioms (I'm not necessarily talking about OWL here). But the cycles
may be arbitrarily large, so this is not possible.

Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)