Re: firts and rdf:rest as functional property

With analogous argument you could conclude that a foaf:Person isn't a
person. But what do we want more than descriptions of persons list and
tbox statements that allow as to exclude that some resources do describe
a list or a person. We can never have enough statements to be able to
logically exclude any resource that isn't a list from being a list.

As for your examples I see no problem with 1 and 3:
- 1 describes a part of list (we know there is at least one list
containing A, B and C in this order)
- 3 describes three lists ({A1,B}, {A2,B} and {B})

The example 2 violates what's the convention described by RDF semantics,
however I see no way to add tbox statements with the (current)
expressivitiy of OWL that would contradict this graph.

Cheers,
Reto