Re: [foaf-dev] [foaf-protocols] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

>>> http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#unionOf
>>> http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#first
>>> http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#rest
>>>
>>> ...which made it somewhat clear that blank nodes are used in dbpedia
>>> for RDF lists and (?) anonymous classes.
>>>
>>> Anyway.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>
>> Lee,
>>
>> Nice analysis, but you should have used:
>> http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql (this is the LOD cloud datasets in a
>> Virtuoso Cluster, and its much faster).
>>
>> If you want to scope your query to DBpedia then just use the Graph
>> IRI: <http://dbpedia.org> .
>
> "Should have" in what sense? :-)
>
> I tried my original query that told me about the 1,330 blank nodes on
> dbpedia at this new endpoint, and it timed out.
>
> Lee

Lee,

To close the loop re. this thread, the issue you had with the LOD
instance  comes down to the fact that we split the DBpedia ontology and
instance data into separate Graphs. Thus it would have worked using:

DBpedia Ontology IRI: <http://dbpedia.org/resource/classes#>
DBpedia Instance Data: <http://dbpedia.org>

Since the ontology isn't really that large, we've also loaded it into
Graph IRI: <http://dbpedia.org>.

You can now repeat your tests using graph IRI: <http://dbpedia.org> .

--

Regards,